I developed a set of personal ethics, policies and guidelines that inform the services I provide. Please take some time to read through these prior to hiring me for a reading.
I choose to read Tarot professionally out of a sincere desire to help and heal others. The Tarot has been a major tool of personal growth and spiritual healing in my life. It is my life’s mission to bring this healing tool to others. Tarot can help you become a conscious co-creator of your life. My readings work to assist clients to tap into their own intuitions, spirituality, and creativity. My approach with clients is nurturing and empowering. This approach to the Tarot is about engaging clients in their own life path in an active way. My readings provide clients with a powerful tool that allows them to confidently take personal responsibility in all areas of their lives.
- In my practice Tarot is used as an objective guidance system, it does not provide absolute truths or directions.
- My client’s needs are my top priority. My role as a reader is to guide you on an internal journey of empowerment and motivation.
- I do not answer “yes and no” questions as they create a sense of external authority and degrade free will.
- I view and treat everyone with equal respect – race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation are not a factor. I will use any pronouns that my clients are comfortable so please share your preferences with me.
- Honesty and integrity are my top values.
- I believe the future is not set and we all have free will and the ability to change any path or potential outcome.
- I don’t read on financial, legal, or medical issues, please consult a licensed professional with questions on these issues. I do provide readings on time periods or circumstances that indirectly relate to these issues but will not directly read or give advice in the above areas. (see policy section for more information)
- I will not contact my client’s outside of professional interactions.
- It is up to the client if they wish to return for more readings or services, I do not try to persuade clients to do additional readings.
- I never pressure, compel, or even imply to clients that additional paid services from him or her are needed after the reading.
- I will never claim to possess the power to manipulate the outcome of events through supernatural or occult means.
- I never engage in deceptive business or unfair trade practices.
- I do not misrepresent my competency, certifications, qualifications, or abilities.
- I dedicate at least 10% of my practice per year to public service, such as offering reading services to support fundraisers for nonprofit organizations or charitable causes, free readings to persons of limited financial means, teaching tarot to others free of charge, creating educational materials on tarot and spirituality for the public free of charge, or participating in activities with the mission of improving the practice of tarot or the tarot profession.
- I am committed to continue my tarot education for the full duration of and throughout my professional practice.
Payment: Payment for all services are due prior to services being rendered and must be paid in full when scheduled. Payment in U.S. dollars (USD) must be made via Square through my scheduling platform. If you prefer to pay by PayPal or Venmo you can email me at email@example.com.
Pricing: All prices are firm. All services and instructions are provided in English.
Cancellation Policy: For a full refund please cancel up to 24 hours prior to the appointment. If you do not cancel before 24 hours of our appointment and do not show up you will be charged in full. If you miss your session and wish to reschedule you will be charged $30 for a rescheduling fee. Cancellation made before 24 hours will receive a full refund. Cancellations can be made by phone or email.
Privacy: All my readings are confidential. I work hard to ensure client privacy, however neither Erika Farmer Tarot nor Erika Farmer is responsible for client information. Information will be released as required by law and/or to protect the rights of Erika Farmer Tarot or Erika Farmer. Clients assume sole responsibility for any transmitted information. I may reveal personal or otherwise private information relating to a client reading if I reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent substantial bodily harm or death, or a court order overrides the confidentiality. Partial information may be disclosed under the client’s anonymity for academic, civic, census, survey, or research purposes.
- I reserve the right to refuse service for any reason.
- I will read for you and for you alone. I will not use tarot to examine someone else’s life unless it directly links with the life and question from my client.
- I will not read on topics involving health and/or pregnancy or legal issues including current legal proceedings. I can only provide readings that indirectly address these issues. For example, if a client wants to know about pregnancy I can look at their future as a parent but I will not read on the outcome of a specific pregnancy.
- All future events and timelines predicted in a reading are subject to an infinite number of factors. The future is fluid and not set in stone, there are no guarantees.
- I want every client to be satisfied with the reading, however, refunds are only given prior to services rendered.
- You do not need offer your date of birth unless you wish to.
- Sometimes I will provide an oracle card at the end of a Tarot reading session to help provide further wisdom and clarity, however, my primary tool is the Tarot.
- For Zoom readings, I can provide a recording of the reading upon request.
- I will not provide readings to anyone under the age of 18.
- If you wish to purchase a reading for someone else, please request an electronic gift certificate instead of booking an actual session.
- I do not use Tarot to contact the dead, I am not a medium.
- I reserve the right to use my intuition at all times. I use it as my primary guidance system. If I feel that I cannot work with a client I will provide a full refund.
- I take a proactive approach to the outcome of the reading I provide. For clients who purchase a 60 minute I can work with them to develop an action plan based on the outcome of their reading.
- If issues related to mental health matters come up in a session I will provide the client with a referral to a professional where appropriate.
- If I feel that the client is attempting to use the session as a substitute for professional medical or legal advice I reserve the right to end the session at that time. You should never make medical, legal or financial decisions based on messages obtained in a tarot reading, please consult professional advisors prior to taking action in these areas of your life.
- Although I am not obligated to I sometimes retain records and notes on client readings. These notes are kept confidential. All files are password protected or physically locked up in a filing cabinet.
- If I make a referral, I will disclose whether any referral fees have been paid as compensation or consideration for the referral.
- I do not offer tarot readings in exchange for other services or products.
Policy, Disclaimer, Terms & Conditions Revisions: I reserve the right to makes changes to these policies and disclaimers and to other terms and conditions at any time.
Last Updated: March 10, 2022